After fixing some errors occurring with the data migration tool, I was able to migrate Magento 1 to Magento 2. However, the products were appearing in the backend but not appearing in the frontend of Magento. The only way I could get the products to appear on the frontend was to save each product. That required saving each one individually on the backend of Magento. And I wasn’t about to go through 1,700 products and save them individually.
First, I tried clearing cache but that did not work. I also tried downloading the existing products and then uploading the products back to Magento but that did not work either.
To fix the problem I had to reindex the Magento files. Which meant running the following command line: php bin/magento indexer:reindex. Running this command not only fixed the product issue but also fixed my customers from not appearing in the backend of Magento.